Product titles and images on bol.com are important for your conversion. Your product listing should therefore be carefully formatted, we'll give you...
In 5 steps to a higher conversion rate in online marketplaces
How do you increase your conversion rate on marketplaces such as bol.com and Amazon? Learn in these 5 steps how to improve your conversion by creating quality content.
With selling via platforms such as bol.com and Amazon, you will notice that not every product you sell will be a success. This could have various reasons. One of these reasons, that is often underestimated, is creating quality content for your products.
It sounds quite obvious, but content needs to be ‘on point’ all of the time. As a brand, as a company, you want to stand out between the hundreds, if not thousands of competitors.
5 tips to generate more conversion with the marketplaces
This begs the question: What is good content and how can you use this to your advantage?
We will help you get started in this blog.
Step 1: Producttitle and description
A part of the productlisting, your content, is the producttitel and description. It is important to have a complete producttitle and description for each product.
A good producttitle and description can be made by:
- Setting this up on the basis of a good study on search words relevant to your product
- To keep specific search words in mind that your target group uses for the product. You can trace these back by analyzing reviews of related products or discussions in Facebook groups.
- Mention the important information about the product first. Both in the title as the description ( this text is often shown in the search results of search engines such as Google).
- Especially name your brand, productname, producttype and distinguishing features of your product.
- Easy to read texts. Avoid difficult terminology or complex sentence structures. Make use of bullet points in the description.
- Make these as complete as possible
- Formulate the description in such a way, that the customer is left with as little questions as possible. In case you do receive questions, analyze these and try to update your description accordingly.
Pro-tip: You can compare similar products, but each have a different producttitle and description.You can measure the success between the two products. One way to measure the success of a product is with the Zollie tool. With this tool you can analyze products from the bol.com assortment and draw your conclusions based on the producttitles and descriptions.
Step 2: Images
Images say more than a thousand words is a commonly used phrase. And guess what… this goes for online as well! People are visually oriented creatures and would nowadays rather watch a video than read a book. With quality product images you will stand out in the search results (even if you are not at the top of the page). Preferably you post 5-8 images per product.
A good product image:
- Shows a realistic image of the product
- Illustrates the use of the product
- Has a neutral background. With a lot of marketplaces a white background is mandatory
- Square shape with sufficient resolution
- Shows the product outside of the packaging
- Does not contain any unwanted shadows
- Has a 360 degree view of the product.
Step 3: Reviews
Product reviews can be seen as content for your product. This content is not created by yourself, but by your customers and users of the product.
Reviews are very valuable content, because:
- the writer of a review provides an objective description of your product
- You can recognize/discover new search terms in the review
- Reviews can stimulate sales both positively as negatively. If you strive to have quality product and practice what you preach, the reviews will work in your favour
- Products with a lot of positive reviews are generally being sold better and have a higher ranking in search engines and marketplaces.
Step 4: Content surrounding your product or brand
We have discussed the content of your product, but did you know that you can create content surrounding the product and your brand? Think for instance of a very own brand site where you will share blogs, videos or e-books about your product.
Imagine this: you have a brand which sells health commodities. You can share content on your own website and social media which illustrates how your customers have become healthier by using your products or by sharing other knowledge which is useful to your customers. In this way you can influence your brand awareness in a positive way.
In the long term, this can result in an increase in sales. So it is important to interest people in your brand and make them connect with your brand and products. Apply this method consistently and after a while you will be able to enjoy the benefits. Don’t expect to see immediate results, this process often takes time.
Another way of creating content surrounding your product ( and eventually stimulate your sales) is the deployment of partners and influencers. You can have bloggers and influencers write reviews about your products. This way you will reach an engaged audience and make them aware of your brand.
Step 5: How can good content lead to more revenue?
By creating quality content, you can increase the profit potential. This can be achieved by minor alterations. Keeping up and optimizing the content surrounding your products and brand is a never-ending process. In short term, a difference can be noted but on the long run you can build a strong brand with quality content.
Some reasons as to why good content can lead to more profit:
- Improved image of the products for the consumer
- Fewer questions, thus decrease in customer service costs
- More brand awareness, which creates more loyal customers and establishes more trust
- Can lead to more repeated purchases
- Your ranking will improve on the marketplaces
- Improved traceability
- Improve your service standard at the marketplace by a decrease in returns
- More reviews lead to faster purchases because people trust the word of others
The key to success with creating quality content is ‘research’! Investigate all the aspects involved in your products and fine tune your content accordingly. Measure that which works, but also that which does not work.
Would you like to know how product sales function within platforms such as bol.com or Amazon, how you can learn from other retailers and what does and doesn’t work for your future? Take a look at Zollie.nl and start immediately with analysing products!
Save more time for conversion optimisation!
Would you like to follow-up on the tips provided above, but simply don’t have the time to? Choose to automate your sales via marketplaces! Your orders will come in automatically, no more manually filling out Track&Trace codes and continuous synchronised inventory.